Followers

Thursday 26 January 2012

Australia Day Crafting with Heather

January 26th 2012

Today, being Thursday was crafting with Heather. Australia Day public holiday does not change that.

As always, we had lots of chatter, laughs and a relaxed and very enjoyable day quilling., Heather showed me how to make a different hand made rose, some of which I've used on this card, the other roses on the card are also hand made by me, but made using  punched pieces..

My base card is my preferred card of choice when using a white base card, it's a beautiful weight and has a ribbed effect. the folded card size is 17.5 x 12.5cm. you can get these from Blue Edge Crafts.

The pink card is Stampin Up Melon Mambo. and the silver card is Moonlight Silver A4 Metallic card available from Blue Edge Crafts for $1 per sheet. It's a lovely weight and embosses beautifully. I've embossed the background with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.
The die used to cut both the pink and the Silver layers is Fleur De Lis rectangles. Also available from Blue Edge Crafts.
I've used Stampin Up white Satin ribbon for the ribbon detail.

All the flowers have been brushed with clear nail polish and dipped in very fine glitter, and yes! I now have glitter all over me and my crafting table. I don't know anyone who can work with loose glitter and NOT end up with it everywhere. I now show those around me my 'Sparkling' personality lol.

Hope you like this card, I certainly do. You can see Heathers beautiful card on her facebook page.



Happy Crafting everyone!

Hugs

Beth

2 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

The nail polish and glitter is a fabulous idea-- Thank You for sharing it. And yes you are so right about glitter getting everywhere!
Thank You for the sweet comment on my blog
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Merry said...

Pretty colours Beth and love the idea of using clear nail polish. Those flowers are so pretty.