Followers

Saturday 25 February 2012

Sporty Boy

25th February 2012

I was asked to make a birthday card for an 8 year old boy who loves all sorts of sports.
This is the card I've made.

The base card is blue leather grain, nice and sturdy for a base card.
the dark blue layer is Stampin Up's 'Night of Navy' which I've embossed with a cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder.
The Number 8 and 'Super' are cut from mid blue Bazzill cardstock using my eCraft and Fundamentals 1 ecard.
I don't have any dies for cricket bats or Tennis racquets, nor did I have any paper tole images, or rubber stamps, so what to do??
Well I'm no artist, but...... I think I did a pretty good job. Somebody who really can draw would no doubt do a far superior job, but I'm happy with mine. :-)

I used a Sakura glitter pen in the debossed Happy Birthday, to make them stand out a bit more, a few dots and dashes around the 8 and the super, a couple of balls and here it is!



I've now decided that I'm going to create my own digi images for future use.

Necessity being the mother of invention and all that stuff hey!

Happy Crafting and may your Mojo always run hot!

Hugs,
Beth

1 comment:

CathyC said...

Great card, Beth ;-)
boys are always so hard to make for ;-)