Followers

Friday 6 April 2012

The Beauty of Roses


6th April 2012

I decided that I’ve had this paper stack from K&Company ‘Best of Brenda Walton’ for long enough without using any of the gorgeous papers in it.

 I used a ribbed card base from Blue Edge Crafts, layered the pretty rose on green pattern paper (mainly the green part) directly onto the base card. Then I cut the rose section out with a Spellbinder die Fleur De Lis Squares S4-318, which are amongst my favourite dies at the moment. I layered the die cut pattern paper onto Stampin Up’s ‘Blushing Bride’ pink which matches perfectly with some of the pink tones in the pattern paper.

 I stamped both of the sentiments using Stampin Up’s ‘Happiest Birthday Wishes’ which is a Hostess set of 11 stamps.

The circular stamp I stamped directly onto Blushing Bride, but stamped the ‘it’s your day! Onto a scrap of the green pattern paper, then mounted that onto a die cut tag from Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two also cut out of Blushing Bride.

I used a scallop circle punch to cut the circle stamp, and Martha Stewart Classic butterflies and Doves punched out of pattern paper scraps.

All edges are inked with Distress ink ‘Spun Sugar’.

From Stampin Up’s Pretties Kit I used a pearl and drop crystal which I added to a crystal topped pin from Paper Flourish.

The ribbon is seam binding, tied in a double bow, wet with a spritzer and scrunched to get that crunched up look. The pointed tip of the pin I coated with glue from my hot glue gun when attaching the roses, leaves and buds (they’re from Green Tara) the set glue will help prevent accidents with the sharp point.

I finished with some self-adhesive crystal gems and the punched birds and butterflies.




At the moment my husband is recovering from surgery to fuse his right ankle, he's not able to weight bear at all and has been in a great deal of pain. My crafting time has suffered a little bit, but he's very understanding, and knows I have to have my craft room time.

Also at the moment I have a few commissions to catch up on, non are due yet, but I do so hate to be running behind, I like to be well organised and have everything ready at the earliest opportunity.

Anyway, I've rambled enough, time to get back to crafting!!

Happy Crafting to you all.

Hugs.

Beth




2 comments:

MillyMollyMandy said...

Lovely card Beth, love the paper - just one complaint - it's pink ;) Hope Bob feels better soon and you get to spend more time in the craft room

MillyMollyMandy said...

Lovely card Beth, love the paper - just one complaint - it's pink ;) Hope Bob feels better soon and you get to spend more time in the craft room