Followers

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Pansy

15th May 2012

For this card I 've used a Cottage Cutz die called "Pansy Seeds" I've often seen this die on Blue Edge Crafts Web site store, always thought about getting it, but there was always something I wanted more.

Recently I spent a day Crafting with Mandy who owns and runs Blue Edge Crafts, and one of the samples she had with her was a card made with this die. Also, they are having a bit of a clear out of older stock, making room for heaps of new dies, and this Pansy die, amoungst others is currently on sale, so I HAD to buy one, now you know how it works, Sale = BARGAIN, now how could I resist that??
Well of course I couldn't, Pansy isn't the only one of these dies I bought, I bought Poppy, Sweet Pea and Daisy as well, (i haven't got around to making them up yet though) I already have the Oh so cute little owl, and have made that one up several times.

Anyway, here is Pansy.

I used a ribbed base card and embossed a cream linen cardstock with Spellbinders M-bossabilities EL-003 double sided embossing folder, I inked the edges with Versafine Vintage Sepia, then I used scraps of card for the Pansy's, leaves banner etc, all of which you will find at Blue Edge Crafts on line store.

I inked the edges of the pansies, and used foam squares to mount them over the leaves which are stuck into place with a water based craft glue. The word PANSY is also stuck with glue but the banner is mounted onto small foam squares.

I've added no sentiment at this stage, so it can be used for a variety of different occasions.


This card is a  lot less 'Embellished' than my usual cards, something which my dear heart (husband) says he prefers. He's more into under-stated elegance, and while I like that at times, I also LOVE my bling and ribbons and bows.

I'll eventually get around to making up the other dies, (I have already cut them, just not made them up yet) so many cards to make, so little time...... I have NO IDEA how I ever found time to work at a full time job AND craft. Thank heavens I'm now retired.  Still time poor though! don't let anyone ever tell you that retirement is boring!!!!!

Happy Crafting

Hugs,
Beth

No comments: