Followers

Monday 23 July 2012

Time to get started on the Christmas Cards

23rd July 2012

Although I've made 3 or 4 already, I thought it's about time I got serious about making my Christmas cards. I always get motivated in June, so that by Christmas my cards are all ready. However, this year, I'm a bit slack. I'm blaming it on retirement, because I keep saying I can do that tomorrow! that's a bit of a trap. So...... last night I bit the bullet and got not only my card for Unstampabelles DT for August done, (plus it's box) but I made not 1 but 5 Christmas cards.

Sounds good huh! to be perfectly honest though, it was as easy as, last year I'd bought a Kaiser Christmas card kit from Paper Flourish, and never used it, until last night that is. It got my brain whirling cos the ideas for the kit cards, sure got my mojo running in overdrive.

I have soooo many beautiful Christmas papers, 6x6  and 12 x 12, I've had them for ages, look at them each year and think "oooohhh, can't bear to cut into that, save it for another time" well friends, 'another time has arrived' I am NOT GOING TO BUY ANY MORE CHRISTMAS PAPERS this year. (she say's with fingers, eyes and toes crossed)
I'm sure there are many card makers out there who can relate to my reluctance to cut into a beautiful paper, leave me a comment if you happen to be like that yourself.

Anyway, enough rambling, time to show you the cards I made. I honestly started to make the set as per the instructions, but something inside of me always wins in the end and I end up doing my own thing, so if you've seen this set you wont' be surprised that the last card is somewhat 'different' lol.

Paper Flourish called this the Kaiser Silly Season Cards kit.
It used the Kaisercraft 6 1/2" paper pad 'Silly Season'
Sparklets in Rouge and Fern, Lime rhinestone strips, Vandoros Red Eco Ribbon, Vandoros Fuchsia fine edge organza ribbon, and 13cm square base cards.

There were some other things listed which I didn't use








So Christmas is under construction for HuggiesCrafts. Just think! I've got other Kaiser Christmas paper pads, the ideas are tumbling.......

Happy Crafting.

Beth

No comments: