Followers

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Trains - Trains - Trains

11th July 2012

I recently made these two cards on commission. The request was for Trains, as one receipient had in his working life been a train driver, and the other (his son) currently is a train driver.

Anyway, I decided that paper tole was the best way to go for these as I don't really have any train stamps in my collection.

The first card uses card patterned card made and manufactured here in South Australia, which is nice, I love it when I can support local industry.
The technique used I got from a scrapbook layout I got from 'Scrapbooking Supplies' (I also got the patterned paper from there as well) I used a scalpel to cut around the gum leaves, and around the head of the bird so that the paper tole image could be slid in behind. I really like the effect of this.

The second card I made as an easel card using a smaller image of the train as the stop.



Hope you like these two cards, on a personal level I'm very pleased with them.

Happy Crafting

Beth


1 comment:

Merry said...

Wow...two amazing cards Beth. So love the idea of cutting around the gum leaves. They frame the train image nicely. The black and red is so striking.