I made this card with my ladies class in mind.
I started with a 13.5cm x 13.5cm square card in chocolate brown. The stamp set used is Stampin Up's 'Because I care'. the Hydrangea was coloured in with Stampin Up's Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Island Indigo, Garden Green and Always Artichoke write markers. once the stamp was coloured to my liking, I huffed on it (your warm breath gives the ink enough moisture to stamp) then stamped onto white cardstock, then fussy cut it out, to make it easier, I cut the leaves away from the stem when cutting the image out.
I then used Bashful Blue and Marina Mist to stamp only the hydrangea head on a piece of waste white card. I used this to cut out individual flowers which were then glued into place on the stamped and cut out image.
I used a patterned paper from Stampin Up's Bella Bleu DSP pack, cut to 13cm x 13cm.
The tag was then cut out of Bashful Blue and white scraps using Spellbinders Shapeabilities Ribbon Tag Trio 2 set. the white diecut was trimmed to the inner embossed line and stamped with Choc Chip ink using a sentiment stamp from 'Because I Care' this was then adhered with double sided tape to the blue complete tag die cut.
I used Stampin Up's Choc Chip and white twin which wrapped around the DSP layer which was then adhered to the base card.
The hydrangea head and leaves have been mounted with Dimensionals as is the tag, the stem of the flower was stuck down with tiny dots of wet glue.
For the top corners which looked a little bare, I used a Stampin Up punch to cut corners, the punch cuts two corners one slightly smaller than the other, so I cut one in Stampin Up's Choc Chip cardstock, and the other in Cake crumb, the smaller punched piece in Cake Crumb was then embossed with Cuttlebugs Swiss Dots embossing folder, and stuck in place with wet glue. Dimensionals were used to mount the corners into place.
To finish I added some pale blue self adhesive rhinestones and some stickles to the flower head and leaves.
This is (for me) not an overly fussy card, but was a bit fiddly cutting out the individual petals for the flower head. I think it's very effective though.
Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my blog, comments are welcome, spam is not.