Followers

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Spring is coming

To celebrate the imminent arrival of SPRING, after what for us seems to have been a long cold and wet winter, todays card was born.

I went out shopping today, and called into a 'Cheap as Chips' store to browse through their 'Craft' section, I was surprised at how much stuff they actually carry that I wouldn't call cheap and nasty!
I found a couple of silicone stamp sets for only $2 each. WOW they they are beautiful.

The Stamps are manufactured by Artworks and are called scrapbook clear stamps. the one I've used on this card has flower groups, a vase, flourish and tiny butterfly. The Springtime sentiment comes from the second set which has some pretty spring borders, easter bunnies in two sizes and easter eggs as well as a flourish and the Spring Sentiment.

I used a good weight white card for my base, and Stampin Up's Whisper white and Pistachio Pudding.

I stamped the Flower group in Tuxedo Black Memento ink, and the vase in  Strawberry Slush. I stamped the vase twice, and cut out the second one to mount with dimensionals giving some height and texture.

After stamping onto Whisper White, I matted this onto Pistachio Pudding before mounting onto my base.
I used Stampin Up's write markers to initially colour my flower group, but when it fully dried decided it needed more umph! and touched up to brighten the colours with Copics, and plenty of stickles and Kindy Glitz.

The butterflies were stamped onto my WW top layer, then stamped again and fussy cut out. I used tiny dots of wet glue to stick them in the body section only so that the wings can sit up.


I had fun making this card as I just love the stamps in both sets.

Thanks for visiting my blog today, come again soon.

Hugs
Beth


1 comment:

Merry said...


Wow that is a bargain for such pretty stamps. You have created a lovely card Beth.