Followers

Tuesday 16 February 2016

A large Jelly Roll Lap Quilt

I got this pattern from a Quilting book called " Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam & Nicky Lintott. Published by David & Charles ISBN:10:0-7153-2863-8. This quilt can be found on page 24 and is called "Garden Trellis". To make it I used a Moda jelly roll and completely forgot to record the name. Typical.....

I used 100% pure wool batting, and the backing fabric I bought from Kornacraft Sewing Centre which is located in Gawler SA and ships just about everywhere.

This quilt is very easy to make and uses the tubular method. I'll say no more about the pattern as it's covered by copyright.

I free motion quilted this in the centre with a large stipple. The borders are quilted in straight lines, using the faint printed lines of the border fabric as a guide. I kept an even spacing simply by using the these lines.


 I don't have an owner for this quilt as yet, so may very well donate it to a raffle for some worthy cause.

Thank you for popping in today.
Hugs
Beth


1 comment:

Merry said...

This is just lovely Beth. Do you do your quilting on a regular sewing machine, it looks so neat?