Followers

Sunday 8 July 2012

Anniversary Card

8th July 2012

One of my recent commissions was to make a special 42 Wedding Anniversary card.

I'd recently bought a new Cheery Lyn die, and used it to create the front of my card. I die cut the panel, then cut away the pink base card before adhering the white lace panel over the aperture.

Behind the aperture I placed as a separate flap, some pretty DS scrapbooking paper. Onto this I put some glitter sticker numerals for the 42. Around the aperture, I place roses, leaves and stands of tiny pearls. The sentiment sticker is right at the top.

Inside the card, I used another piece of the same DS paper, and also die cut  out of white a panel for the giver to write on.

The verse inside is a rub on and fits the occasion perfectly. (in my humble opinion anyway)

As the card is very dimensional due to the size of the roses, I had to make a presentation box to put it in. So using quite strong white card, I made the box to fit, and decorated it with a die cut aperture covered by heart embossed acetate. another glitter 42, some pink ribbon wrapped around the box lid and tied in a bow and a pink die cut flourish decorated with tiny pearls to finish.

The giver is very happy with the resulting card, and hopefully the receiver will be as well. I'll soon find out, their anniversary is on Wednesday.

Here is my creation, I hope you like it. Please leave comments, I'd really love to read your thoughts.

the card front on


Inside the card


the card in it's box




Happy Crafting,

Have a great day filled with love.

Beth

1 comment:

CathyC said...

what a lovely delicate die cut, Beth ;-) love the combination of flowers you have chosen.