Followers

Friday 6 July 2012

Toys for Men

6th July 2012

One of my recent commissions was to make a card for a male turning 40 who has expensive tastes. Now I don't know about you, but I find generally speaking, that mens cards are the hardest to come up with decent ideas for.

I eventually decided that travel and expensive boys toys was the way to go for this particular card.

The background and pattern papers are from Kaszazz. the die I used to cut the Eiffel Tower out of silver mirror card, is from Cheery Lyn. I rubbed it over with Vintage photo distress ink, then wiped it off, took just  a little of the mirror brightness off.
The pattern paper I mounted onto black card and flat mounted this over the flat mounted Eiffel Tower.
The Ferrari is an image I downloaded and printed onto glossy photo paper, fussy cut out and used Stampin Up dimensionals to mount at the bottom.
The sentiment is a stamp from SU's 'So Happy for you' set. For the numbers, I used my zyron to adhere a scrap of the pattern paper to heavy card, then used SU's  letter dies "Timeless type alphabet:to cut the numbers which I mounted with small foam squares.

Inside the card (not shown) I put a white insert which I cut slightly smaller than the base card and stamped it with some of the images from SU's 'Need for Speed' stamp set, I added just a tint of colour to those images. There is plenty of room for the giver to write a personal message.

And here is the finished card.




On a personal level, I'm really happy with the end result of this card and hope my customer is too.

Happy Crafting.

Hugs,
Beth 

No comments: