Followers

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Vintage Scraping

24th July 2012

I've been scrapping again. I went to Scrapbooking supplies at Stanbell Road, and saw a gorgeous vintage double layout on the wall. I asked if they were going to do a workshop for it.
A couple of day's later I got a phone call to say they had made up a kit for me. (aren't they just the most wonderful people?) So yesterday I went and collected it.
The photo's I've used are of my maternal grandparents  Elizabeth and James Holmes on their wedding day with their witness' (my Nanny and Grandad are the couple on the right as you look at the picture) the other photo is of my husbands paternal grandparents, Archer and Isabelle Huggins.

I'm so very happy with the finished results of this layout. Thankyou very much to Scrapping supplies for putting the kit together for me, as a novice scrapbooker, it's a real help when people give you that high level of service. You will find their web site at: http://www.scrapbooking-supplies.com.au/

Here are my two pages.


Elizabeth Sarah McCosh born 3rd June 1901 at Dunmurry Co Antrim Northern Ireland, married James Holmes born 5th September 1896 at Mirfield Yorkshire England
on 29th December 1920 at Birkenhead Registry Office UK.
The lady who was witness was called Dolly Frame, but I have no name for the Gentleman.




I have no idea when this photo of Nanna and Pop were taken.


It would have been good to know more information about Nanna and Pop, but some records just aren't kept.

Happy Crafting

Beth







3 comments:

rene59 said...

Hi Beth, I love your vintage scrapbooking. love your design :)

rene59 said...

Hi Beth, I love your design on your scrapbooking. I hope there will be many more pages to come. Irene :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

So beautiful the punched hearts look and a beautiful vintage style you have created!
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com