Followers

Friday 24 August 2012

Card Making Group

Last week my Monday card making group made by request some male cards. Both of these cards are variations on previously posted themes, so I'll only post the photo's and not go into detail as to product used or techniques.




The second set of two cards are what my ladies group will be making this week. The first one is a wholly Stampin Up card, and is inspired by a card shown in the new catalogue which commences on September 1st. The colours used however are not from the new In Colour range.
The second card is quite different, it's what I call a hybrid card, products used are from Stampin Up, Kaszazz and Kaiser Craft .

Card 1 uses Whisper white, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin pie Lucky Limeade and Pacific point card stock.
The Birthday sentiment is from Well Scripted stamp set, and the images under the tags are from Small Talk stamp set.

I used the large and medium tag punches, and the scallop border punch, and the Boho Blossoms punch. The ribbon is Old Olive in 0.04cm (1/8") width. I added a small gemstone to the centre of each flower.
I used Stampin Write markers to colour in the images behind the tag flaps.


 
 
The second card is of my own design, I have seen cards of this shape in magazines, but I believe the base cards are purchased pre-made so you only have to decorate them. I figured out the size etc myself for this one, and there is a join which you can see in the side on photo. (almost like two cards of differing heights joined together)

For this card I started with  12 x 12 Real Red Stampin Up smooth card stock and cut out my pieces. (If you are interested in measurements, email me and I'll send you a diagram)
 The pattern paper is from a Kaiser Craft 6x6 paper pad called 'Tis the Season' I used a corner punch in each corner. The Embossed piece is Stampin Up Brushed silver embossed with the New 'Holiday Frame' then cut out. I stamped the centre sentiment using a stamp from 'Punches Three' using Real Red ink onto Whisper White card.
After trimming my square of pattern paper, I had two strips left so I used these on the small step of the card at top and bottom and left the centre plain. I used stamps from 'Welcome Christmas' to decorate the lower step. Joy was stamped twice, once in 'Basic Black'  (don't like the new Stampin up inkpads) and then again in Real Red. I cut out the centre of the 'O' of the black stamped image, and only the J and the Y in the red, the red letters are mounted with foam mounts over the black, and a large rhinestone (from Kaszazz) was stuck into the cut away centre of the black O.  I added some Kindy Glitz to the tree to finish it off.
The whole word was then mounted with dimensionals onto the card. The Silhouette image is also foam mounted. as is the Christmas sentiment in the embossed oval. The finished card folded measures 14cm x 14cm, so will fit into a standard square envelope.

I could think of a lot of other ways of finishing and/or decorating this type of card, but have kept it simple for the skill level of the ladies who will be making it.


 
 
Thank-you for visiting my blog today I hope I've been able to give you some small inspiration.
 
Happy Crafting.
Beth.

No comments: