Followers

Sunday 1 June 2014

Iris Card

I discovered Spellbinders Create a Flower a while back. The Create a Lily is the first one I bought. I made two flowers which then sat on my desk for weeks while I tried to come up with an idea for a card to show them off.
I decided over the past few days that I'm over thinking this whole thing, and to get my rear into gear and just DO it.
Keeping it pretty simple I decided to showcase only one of the two flowers I made (they are identical)
I die cut the flowers out of plain white card stock and used Concord Crush, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder and Daffodil delight to colour them. I try to use the colours of my focal point when constructing a card, and I've done so here.
The base card is in Daffodil Yellow, the first layer is Elegant eggplant which is embossed with a Stampin up embossing folder, the next layer is a frame crated by die cutting two sizes of Spellbinders Labels Twenty which I then embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder. The Oval which I mounted my flower onto is another Spellbinders Die set called Floral Ovals, I used the second to largest die, which I inked with Wisteria Wonder after embossing and before removing from the die.
I used my hot glue gun to adhere the flower and support the larger outer petals to the base. There is a tiny gem in the centre.

Looking at the completed card, I don't know why it took me so long to finish the card. I'm a great prevaricator.....


I have also bought the Create a Lilly which I'll leave for another day.
Thankyou for visiting my blog,
I hope to see you back here real soon.
Happy Crafting
Beth

1 comment:

Merry said...

Such a stunning card Beth. I didn't realise Spellbinders had flower dies like this, I will have to show my Mum. :-)